Thursday, June 19, 2008

We Won Manhattan!!!

PS40 is The Best Recycling Elementary School in Manhattan!!!!!

In recognition of our accomplishment the NYC Department of Sanitation has awarded PS40 the prize of $3,000.00! This money will be use to further environmental programs at PS40.

Congratulations to the PS40 Super Green Eco Team for doing an amazing job. They are an inspiring, hard working, dedicated group of students who accomplished so much! Michele and I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to work with them.

Now it's on to the Reduce & Reuse competition in September.

-Suzie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope PS 40 families will support the effort this year too.

Anonymous said...

Jack Johnson's song "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" would be an excellent theme song for this year's effort. It has kids singing on it.

Anonymous said...

Great job I am sending you information on how we reused textbooks during budget down falls.